La Quercia, 400 Hakes Drive, Norwalk IA 50211
The Production Worker is a key member of our company's production team, dedicated to delivering the quality, safety and service levels that contribute to meeting our business goals and customer expectations.The Production Worker is responsible for various areas including tending assigned assembly line, cutting/deboning meat, removing skin and trimming meat, and packaging manufactured items.
- Dependable punctual, reliable, fulfills obligations.
- Integrity honest, trustworthy and ethical conduct.
- Adherence to all policies, procedures, instructions, laws and regulations.
- Committed to La Quercia mission, values and inclusive culture.
- Respectful, lawful and non-discriminatory / non-harassing communications and behavior.
- Dedicated to highest levels of quality production, work environment and service.
- Responsible safe use of tools, equipment and machinery.
- Safe and sanitary conduct, sound judgement and compliant activities.
- Attention to Detail: thoroughly and safely complete work tasks to rigid quality standards, specifications and deadlines.
- Cooperative positive attitude.Team player, flexible, takes direction and/or correction.
- Open to learning and growth.
- Tending assembly lines, performing repeated cuts to meat, removing bones and hardened skin, trimming meat in strict accordance with detailed production specifications.
- Safe and compliant use of sharp knives, apparel, tools, and safety equipment in a sanitary environment.
- Standing in one location in a refrigerated facility up to 3 hours at a time.
- Repetitive lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and twisting while handling materials.
- Essential functions, duties and responsibilities may change with or without advance notice.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Continuously requires vision, hearing, following directions and concentrating on details and specific production requirements. Considerable use of arms, hands, and whole-body movements, twisting, reaching, kneeling, balancing, stooping. Repetitive bending and twisting at waist with up to 15 pounds in hand. Lifting/Carrying 60 lbs.in vertical lift from floor to overhead. Pushing/Pulling 30 lbs at table level and 1,500 lbs.on pallet jack. Repetitive Squeezing up to 5 lbs. Climbing ladder and using stairs. Frequent exposure to cold environment for 8 or more hours per shift. Some areas in facility are at a temperature as low as 40 degrees Fahrenheit, with slippery surfaces. Some exposure to chemicals, hazards, food substances, equipment, and noise.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE
1 or more years in meat cutting industry.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
La Quercia prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type in our employment policies, practices and conditions.We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Visit 400 Hakes Drive in Norwalk Iowa during business hours to complete an application.
Call (515) 981-1625 with questions.