Tamworth Smoked Pancetta
This is bacon like you've never tasted it before: delicately savory with a melt-in-your-mouth texture when crisped. The heritage Tamworth breed is known for its succulent belly meat and sweet nutty flavor—our smoked pancetta showcases those qualities and adds a subtle smokiness that highlights rather than overpowers.
- Sold in 16-18 oz chunks. Slice with a sharp chef's knife.
- 80% higher yield after cooking than conventional bacon due to the dry-curing process and lower water content.
- Fully cured for 3 months, then smoked over applewood.
- Can be eaten with or without cooking. We recommend cooking more lightly than you usually would bacon or pancetta.
- Ingredients: pork and sea salt.
- No nitrates, nitrites, or substitutes. No sugar or added water.
"It's hard to do much better than La Quercia's rich, buttery, dry-cured bacon from the hard-to-find Tamworth breed of hog" Ari Weinzeig in The Atlantic
Tamworths are historically known as ‘the bacon pig’ for their thick meaty bellies, excellent flavor, and golden fat. This meat is pasture-raised without antibiotics on Russ Kremer’s Ozark Mountain Farm and three others in Osage County, Missouri. His family has been selecting this red-haired threatened breed for three generations. LEARN MORE ABOUT RUSS